Liked: 1

Default HELP!- Sanction #s

Trying to renew my lic. today, and I need sanction numbers for the 9/10 and 9/11 regional at NHIS last year, as well as the 10/2/04 race at LRP.

Any help appreciated

Geoff
    -----------------------------------------
    Geoff Rainville
    VanDiemen RF90 FF

Liked: 285

Default Past results

The sanction numbers are usually found on the offical results. Does the region that hosted the event have a website with past results?

If that doens't work, you may wish to call or email SCCA in Topeka (1-800-770-2055) and ask if someone can look that up for you.

SCCA staff email addresses can be found here:

http://www.scca.org/Inside/Index.asp...eference=staff
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

I renewed mine recently & did not have any sanction numbers to put on the form. The SCCA office let me slide with the promise to have them next year!
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1488

This is another SCCA admin thing that just makes me scratch my head. So the presumption is that you list your races and someone is going to check to see that you actually ran or finished them. IF that's the case, it's probably slightly more convenient to look it up by the scanction number, but the date, region, and track are probably just as easy to locate - and if the staff has their act together, all the pertinent data ought to be in a searchable databases and not in some file cabinet somewhere (you could outsource the data entry to India for next to nothing). Sooner or later someone will actually look for your name in the results.

Begs to question why paid staff hassle the customer over something so trivial, especially when there's no club standard for websites and posting of results. Calling Topeka to get the number just changes the time at which they do the search.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

i have turned them in for years with and without sanction # without problem

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by jim morgan
    i have turned them in for years with and without sanction # without problem
    Ditto.
    Dennis
    FC #24
    Pacific F2000
    CalClub/SFR

[size=2]Thanks everybody. I need the renewal for next weekend's race at NHIS, and didn't want to lose time getting it sent back. We'll try leaving that part blank![/size]
    [size=2][/size]
    [size=2]Geoff[/size]
    [size=2][/size]
    [size=2][/size]
    Geoff Rainville
    VanDiemen RF90 FF

Contributing Member bryancohnracing's Avatar
    Liked: 16

Default Why we ask for sanction numbers

You want to know why we ask for sanction numbers?
    Because so many people DON'T provide us with inteligble information. And we do check, although it is random of course.

If you have a license and you didn't fill out the form with sanction numbers, chances are very high (like 100%) that you app came accross my desk for review. I look over your driver file to make sure all is in order.

Here are some of the things I've found:
    One guy had gotten waivers (from division level) for 13 years straight! I caught it and we required him to provide proof of competition or to start over.
    Outright lies.
    Counting DNF's.
    It goes on and on.....

Long story short, what we have learned is how few drivers keep qualifying and race results. It's the only record you've got that you raced. I keep mine secure, organized by year and date for history's sake.

Can a driver still cheat or lie their way to a renewal? Yep. The only people that get harmed are the ones that follow the rules, cause now we have to race with some person who has been out of the seat for who knows how long.

BTW, ALL race results are posted to the SSCA Discussion site. You can look em up, print em out etc. http://www.scca.org/garage/forum/for...ics.asp?FID=82
    Bryan Cohn
    bryancohnracing@yahoo.com
    417-540-2595 text

Bryan, thanks for the link. When I asked the SCCA office where I could look them up they evidently didn't know about this site.
    Last edited by formulasuper; 09.01.05 at 7:24 PM. Reason: spelling
    Scott Woodruff

looks like a great feature - except that no matter how many times i selected"all" it just gave me the last month. Note however, that the races were listed by event/track/region and not sanction number - after all, since when do we put the sanction number in our logbooks? That was part of my point - requiring an obscure number that we only care about at renewal time.

sooner or later it will be easier to use a transponder number if they were associated with the driver at each event.

Personally, I think a DNF ought to count in renewals. Not necessarily a DNS, but in a DNF, you at least took a start (and maybe got taken out by none of your own fault). One could argue that you also probably did practice and qualifying - although it's not a sure thing.

Rick, Did you try clicking the next page box, lower right corner of page? Still can't view 2004 however!
    Scott Woodruff

Well the nice lady at the other end of the fax machine processed my renewal, and even left me a voicemail promising that it would be in the mail today.

I'll keep better records this year. Thakns again, all.

Geoff

[size=2][/size]
    [size=2][/size]
    Geoff Rainville
    VanDiemen RF90 FF

Liked: 32

Default book keeping for dummies

I have had the same problem. At the end of the season when you register for your last race on line make a screen print of the NESCCA event list, it highlghts the sanction numbers and events you went to. And no I don't have 2004.

Default no 2004

The reason 2004 isn't coming up is because we didn't start posting to the forum till the first of this year!

I agree that a DNF should count for something. After all, we count it toward going to the Runoffs, right?

We are looking at these kinds of things. We all know how many rules in SCCA don't make sense!!! I can only do so many things at once...

Please send ideas like this my scca email address.

Thanks!

PS: the problem with a transponder number is what happens when you sell your car and the transponder goes with it? how do "we" know?
    Bryan Cohn
    417-540-2595 text

Liked: 353

Then there's the problem of rental cars.

Quote Originally Posted by bryancohnracing
    PS: the problem with a transponder number is what happens when you sell your car and the transponder goes with it? how do "we" know?
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

Personally, I've always thought the club should do a better job of "registering" cars. With formula cars and sports racers requiring homologation, there's really no good reason not to. You could tie a homologation number to a serial number to a SCCA frame number to a transponder number to a license number.

Could even have a SCCA bill of sale, or ownership transfer, that goes along with the car. Given that all of these numbers exist in the SCCA's data bases, it's just a matterof tying them together. Would have the benefit of making it a lot harder to move a stolen car, especially if it pops up again years later.

I'm sure with a couple of hours of brainstorming we could figure out a way to deal with rentals, or rented transponders for that matter. Or maybe you just do nothing and have a nice 95% solution. Perfect is the enemy of good enough.

You could make it all voluntary, make it web powered, etc. Those that want the benefits of tying all that info together could do it, others wouldn't.

Default interesting idea

An interesting idea put forth there. It's more complicated than you think, since at a National level wedon't issue log book numbers for example.
    However, we (internally) have asked why a tube framed FF must be homologated but a tube framed GT3 does not.

If all cars had to be approved then we could implement such a plan. However I think we'd need about 3 more people on staff!
    Bryan Cohn
    417-540-2595 text

Liked: 447

Quote Originally Posted by bryancohnracing
    BTW, ALL race results are posted to the SSCA Discussion site. You can look em up, print em out etc. http://www.scca.org/garage/forum/for...ics.asp?FID=82
    Bryan,
    On a side note, how can I get race results from April of 2000? I was advised to email Pete Hylton and he said he was going to have to see how his summer help organized his files, but that was a few weeks ago and I haven't heard back from him since. Any pointers or is he my only shot?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Thread Information