Thread: Rocker Reconfig

Liked: 4

Default Rocker Reconfig

Since the topic of the week seems to be suspensions, figured I'd post this now.

I'm thinking of replacing the rear rockers on my RF-85- 1600 FF. From the factory, the outbound side the rockers have fixed attachment point that allows the rocker to be attached to the upright.

I guess at some point the rockers were broken and someone modified them. They have cut off the fixed ends, welded in a threaded rod to which a beefy rod end with Jam nut is inserted.

The rod end is then used to attach the rocker to the upright. To change camber, we simply pull the bolt that goes thru the ears on the upright and the rod-end and spin the end. This allows us to change camber without effecting toe. Elegant simplicity.

Does anyone know of anyone who can make a similiar modification to the new Rockers? I'll post pictures here later so people can better visualize what I am talking about.
    Last edited by racer27; 08.09.05 at 3:17 PM.
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Liked: 3787

Default That was an easy question...

Prince Racecar Engineering
    Pat Prince
    1880 Eastwood Dr.
    Sterling, IL. 61081
    815-625-8116

Pat can do it!

Liked: 142

i'll second pat.

he's made me parts for the euroswift and they were pretty good.
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Liked: 0

Default website

Does Pat have a web site?

Liked: 3787

Default Website?

Short answer: NO

When you have more friggin' business than you'll be able to do in three lifetimes, you don't need a website. Nor have time to design one.

Liked: 1

Default gotta pay to play

And he has realized that he is the only one with the jigs and is still foolin with the old stuff, so he has went up on the $$.
    2 yrs ago rocker repair = $250 this year same repair = $425, but hey the guy is good and I would pay it again. Just glad someone still loves us vintage guys.
    One good thing is the $250 price took 3 weeks to fix, the $425 price took 3 days so how can you complain with that kind of service!
    + the work is better than the OE Reynard stuff.

I saw some far out things he did to the front end of one of Steve Knapp's old '95 VD's, kinda like what your talking about... so maybe he did your mods way back too?
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Liked: 0

Does Pat have a catalog, online or hard copy?

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Pat needs neither.

Simply put if it is made of metal he can do it. Period. That simple . And it will be better and less expensive than you can buy anywhere else. He is a magician. Periiod. Just call him up, tell him what you need, send him the pieces and you are set.

Thread Information