Thread: Dinosaur Oil

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Default Dinosaur Oil

Does anyone have any knowledge of the compatability of dinosaur gear box oil with Red Line shockproof.

Have a Staffs box and changed gears, but obviously you can't get all the dinosaur oil out unless you do some more disassembly, so there is still some left i n there .

Liked: 1869

It ain't a problem - don't worry about it!

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

I thought so, just wanted to know from someone who knows more than me.

thanks Richard.

Liked: 2

While we're on the subject...

Is the same thing true of engine oil? That is, if I decide to top up my motor's dinosaur squeezins with a quart of synthetic oil (or vice versa) do bad things happen? Or if I drain the sump do I have to be fastidious about getting all the old oil out before switching to/from synthetic oil?

Perspiring minds want to know...

Liked: 597

you may top up with synthetic - doesn't give quite the same protection as straight synthetic from wear or high high temps but it would do no harm..........unless...........unless.....someone has been using that slick50 or other "teflon" additive garbage. synthetic and such additive will thicken up enough so that some small oil passages might become quite clogged. a couple of years ago those marketing gurus thought up semi-synthetic blends in an effort to get cheap people to buy a synthetic induced "peace of mind" - we can make it ourselves by topping up. .......oh and by the way - never - repeat never use that slick50 stuff with splitfire plugs and put their decals on the side of your car........people would know who's the idiot that way - ROFLMAO ;-)

Thread Information