Liked: 1

Default July 9-10 Roebling Double SAARC

With Hurricane Dennis approaching, my father and I have decided (at least at this point) to not risk it as our drive back would most likely be in the middle of tropical force winds (myself to orlando, himself to atlanta). Is anyone still planning on going? I haven't heard or seen anything from the Alabama region, but don't they have to make some sort of decision soon?

I don't have a copy of the GCR (oops..stewards don't visit here...right?!) so I don't know what the rules are in regards to any sort of time frame. Also, with it being a double SARRC, would they run Saturday but not Sunday? Stands to reason that since it's treated as two race weekends, that they could cancel one day without the other.

It feels like we just got out of hurricane season! We were hit three times last year in central florida! Not only has it rained every single day, sans a couple, in the past month, but once we get a string of 3 or 4 clear days we have a hurricane that will most likely nail the panhandle, again. Florida sure isn't living up to the sunshine state moniker...I want my money back!

Senior Member Bruce Allen FSCCA #82's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Default COme to NHIS

Forget SARRC. Hop in your trailer and head north today for the NHIS Pig Roast Double Regional. A few FSCCA preregistered.
    We are the last race group so you have time to drive all night.
    The Greased Shadow
    Bruce, the "Greased Shadow"

Liked: 3787

Looking at all the NOAA predictions, I'd hazard a guess that both races could go on without a problem. The Alabama people will be farther from the storm in Savannah than if they stay home. Odds are Sunday would be on rain tires.
    Since so many of the workers will be from AL and FL, the issue would be if all the workers, etc. want to be at their homes. They could have a good track, but no workers.

On the other hand, things are not looking that optomistic in downtown Panacea.

Thread Information