Thread: Plater

Contributing Member Bob Ramberg's Avatar
    Liked: 0

Can anyone recommend someone in the Naperville, IL area(Far west Chicago suburb) who does electroless nickel plating?
    Bob Ramberg
    Z10C

Liked: 20

I used Calco Plating last year to do some suspension parts. They're in the city (Wicker Park), so it's probably not the most convenient place for you, but may be worth checking out.

http://www.autobpa.com/members/calco/

Contributing Member Bill Kincaid's Avatar
    Liked: 1

I have exactly the same question, but for the Bay Area (San Francisco)...

Liked: 4

I would contact Baurle Autosports and find out who they use. They are in Addison, a mere 15 minute drive from Naperville (well depending on where in Naperville). Phone number is (630) 543-7474.

Paul

Liked: 10

Saporito Plating in Cicero is probably one of the largest platers in the Chicago area. They do excellent work for us. They also pick up and deliver. $120.00 minimum charge. $30.00 for round trip pick up and delivery. 708-222-5300
    Dale Carter
    2003 VanDiemen FE #29
    Life is Good

Contributing Member Bob Ramberg's Avatar
    Liked: 0

Thanks guys. I'll check them out.
    Bob Ramberg
    Z10C

Liked: 1875

You can also send them to Williamson Plating here in Indy. They charge about $19 per suspension piece, with, I think, a $50 minimum. Advance Plating here also does a lot of show plating.

The 'secret' to good looking plating is in the preparation - the nickle will take on the surface texture of whatever it is going over.

Thread Information