Liked: 0

Am trying to ship a F2000 from Conn. to AZ.or near. Have limited funds after purchase of car. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Andrew G

Contributing Member John Merriman's Avatar
    Liked: 61

If you search a bit in the FF1600 Archive Section (go to the index at the bottom of the page for a link) you will find various listings for trucking companies that ship cars - look under "Open Discussion". Many of them are listed in Hemming's Motor News. The shipment of a formula car over the distance you are planning can cost up to $1,000. If you call some of the listings under "auto shippers" in Hemming's or elsewhere, you will find that some are interconnected and will actually book you with another trucker who is going the right direction and location.

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 855

When I bought my car, it had to be shipped from Wisconson to the LA area. After spending several days calling around and getting quotes, I went with the people first suggested to me by the seller:
    Year Round Transport
    Not only were they the cheapest, the people I talked to that had used them were very pleased with the service. I was very surprised to see a shiney, new-looking rig roll up to deliver my car. You can count me amoung the people happy with thier service.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 13

Joe Tovo recently shipped a racecar for me from Milwaukee to Canada and will be bringing it back as well. He was the "shipping racecar\trailer" answer guy in previous posts. He did a great job for me. His address and phone:

D.N.J. Transportation Inc.
    Suite 1000
    3411 S. Cicero Ave.
    Cicero. Ill. 60804 (suburb of Chicago)
    708-652-6700
    708-652-6783(fax)

email is Jtovo@dnjtransportation.com

Liked: 0

Hi Andrew,
    If you haven't already settled on a carrier let me pass on some experience we had last September transporting a DB-5 from West Chester (near Philadelphia) PA to San Jose, CA.
    I did all the research and spoke with several companies that advertised in Hemmings, etc. After asking a lot of questions we finally settled on a company called Thomas Sunday Inc (800-541-6601). The reason we selected them is that they have experience with SCCA racecars and they know how to load, secure, and unload them without damage and they use an enclosed trailer. They deal door-to-door so we didn't have to deal with collection points on both ends.Typically, they are constantly making runs from coast-to-coast and we easily fit into the next run. Took about 15 days from the time we called them to the time they deliverd to our door. Based on our experience I would very much recommend you might want to check them out. Turns out they were also very competitive with the cost too.
    Good Luck,
    Ken Richter

Thread Information