Liked: 30

Default Engine Oil Analysis

Has anyone out there in Formula Land used an oil analysis company? I've done a search & found nothing in past threads. Any and all thoughts/help will be appreciated.

Dave K

Liked: 3787

Back in the 70s DA was playing in the racing area and selling DA SpeedSport oils. They had a oil analysis program to which you could send in samples. I did it once or twice. Kind of interesting. Haven't done it in over 30 years.
    I think there was a thread on it last year on the DSR web site.
    It seems to be used mostly by heavy equipment operators (earth moving equipment, long haul trucks). You might have some luck checking with those maintenance shops.

Liked: 3

We carry the Titan "CheckUp" Engine Oil Analysis kit (part #5090-1) for $19.99.

You get a prepaid mailer for your oil sample. Send them four ounces of your old oil and they will analyze both the condition of the oil (is it still good, or should it have been changed last weekend? ) and the condition of the engine. They report on contaminants like iron, copper, lead, tin (excessive bearing wear), water, and silicone (dirt).

If there's a big problem lurking, they call you immediately to let you know. Otherwise they mail or fax the report to you.

Liked: 0

Default Oil Analysis Lab

Try these guys.

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

I am in the process of sending a sample from my F250 Diesel to them for analysis. The guy at the post office did not want to mail the sample to the lab due to it being a petroleum distillate. Blackstone has a letter on thier website you can print off and give to the PO clerk but it does not contain the PO masters OK or anything to that effect. I might see what FedEx will do as I do not want to piss off a USPS employee knowing what happens when they "go postal"

Any ApexSpeed members who are also USPS employees are exempt from the above observation.
    Tom Sprecher
    ATL Region Treasurer

Liked: 0

Default oil analysis in ATL area

Tom:

I had the oil in my 94 F-350 analyzed locally at Sikes diesel repair. They have several shops in town. I went to the one in the industial area in Marietta where the Army/Navy surplus is. (behind the coca cola bottling plant off 41.)

The info is neat (I think- since I don't know relative values), and the report shows the info on the subject oil and has comments regarding limits and general condition etc.

I gave the report to the guy that bought my 94, otherwise I would show it to you.

Call me if you need additional directions. 404-310-4329

Liked: 30

Default Dirty talk about oil

Thanks all.

DaveK

Thread Information