Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 15

You're right. I just never chased it down. We never ran there. The walls are too hard.

Liked: 2

Default Gearing Indianapolis Oval

John,
    Maybe I will pass this on to Doug. Someone out there has to have the right gearing. I could call Taylor and they will be able to give me a rough idea.
    Merry Christmas
    Jack

Liked: 3279

I think those gears "could" be OK if the conditions were the same as when they were run. The idea was that you only used top gear once up to speed, so those were just two very close to each other top gears to give you an alternative if one was too high or low. Whether the highest one was in the 3rd or the 4th slot wouldn't really matter, except for personal preference. The actual ratios would depend greatly on the type of tires, the pavement condition, etc.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Liked: 2

Default Gearing Indianapolis Oval

Jack,
    Dave I agree with what you say. I just have a problem with third gear being higher ratio than 4th. Why would someone want to even set their car up that way.It is just one more thing different from a normal setup that probably would not come natural. This is why I question the ratios posted. The only way we would know for sure is if someone jumps in that has actually run that track.
    Best Regards
    Jack

Liked: 5

Default FC Data Sheets

Thanks a ton for posting this. As a newbie FC owner this material is great!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 10

Default Putnam Park

Gearing for Putnam Park? I really only need to know what track it is most like.
    Waterford
    MO
    Grattan
    Gingerman
    RA

Thank you.
    Jon Staudacher

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information