Liked: 3

Default Tiga Formula Car Registry

Hey Tiga owners!

The Lola and Titan registries have inspired me to give it a shot on a much smaller scale. My research has turned up the tidbit that Tiga made only about 60 Formula Fords and maybe 10 larger formula cars. I can already account for at least 6 of the FFs, so keeping track of the other 64 almost sounds like a reasonable task.

I'm looking for whatever information you would like to share about your Tiga: year, model, chassis number, any notes (condition, class, history, unusual features), and photos. If you know anything else about Tigas or Tiga history, lay it on me. I would really like to bring together everyone's knowledge and notes on things like part numbers, parts sources, and weaknesses that need to be fixed.

The "registry" will start out concentrating on Tiga formula cars because they made such an overwhelming number of sports racers. But feel free to let me know if you also have a Tiga sports racer. The registry may be expanded to include them in the future, depending on how well I do with the formula cars.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

John Haydon
    79 Tiga FF79 updated to FFA80 specs... history is still unclear, but the claims are fascinating...

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Default Tiga SF-85

Tiga SF-85 here. Formula C. First owned by Steve Ice when new. Was Cen Div champion in nnational points that year. Sold to Don Fitz of Detroit in 88 I think. Sold to Steve Malloy also of Detroit about 90. Purchased by myself in 95. Has won Mid Ohio CFC Championship 5 of last 6 years. More a testament to the car than the driver.

Hi Steve, thanks for the info! Yours is officially the first non-FF on the list!

The registry has already grown to 16 solidly verifiable cars plus 7 "phantoms." Most are cars that appeared in results sheets but haven't been seen recently.

I'll post a list of them soon (along with a plaintive cry for more information).

Default Tiga FFA-78

John:

Found a little more information on "Tina", the 1978 Tiga:

The chassis tag reads FFA-78, -60, logbook number 13-403.

The first of two logbooks show Bill Barnard as the driver in the Kettle Moraine Regional in September, 1984. Obviously there was a previous logbook, which I don't have. Previous owners include Marty Carver, Jim LaFortune, Bill Barnard, Don Glasser, Dean Rhode, Bill Bonow (who transformed her into the "screaming yellow zonker"), and Jim Roemer.

As you know, I've never driven the car - to me she is solely a rental car (pays for our vacations and provides me with "mad money").

Cindy Lindstrand
    Darien, Wisconsin

Liked: 2

Default Tiga FFA-79

Tiga #1576 here. Currently painted yellow/black. Bodywork has been modified by previous owners, changing original Tiga wedge-shape to a more conventional profile. Appears to have always been in the San Francisco region and raced in northern California and occassionally Oregon. Log books repeatedly show "very clean" and "well prepared" comments. As nearly as I can make out from the log books the ownership chain has been:

Jim Turley 04-
    Will Burton 89-04
    Kevin Ferrell 88
    Karen F?? 88
    Jerry Weber? 86-87
    Tony Baker 86
    Ed Gardner 85
    Chris Irwin 83-85
    Sam Rich? 82-83
    Wayne Sartor? 81-82

Many thanks to everyone who has responded so far. I have been learning so many cool things about Tiga (the company), Tigas (the cars), and even about my own car.

Thanks to your help, the list has quickly grown from the 6 cars I knew locally to 24 "solid" cars plus 9 "phantoms". That may not sound like much, but that's actually a pretty significant chunk of the cars Tiga built.

The plan for now is to get the registry on paper with some sort of "newsletter" in the near future. I will mail a copy to all those in the registry who supply me with their snail mail addresses. Hopefully I can include some interesting and useful information with it!

Liked: 0

Default registry newcomer

Hi
    I have recently purchased a 1979 Tiga CF owned at one time by Jack Kish .

I am located on the west coast of Canada and would like to correspond with other owners.
    Will you be building a contact list in the near future?
    Lorne Andras
    FFA 79
    chassis # 80

Liked: 0

Hey Loren,
    Glad to see my old car found a good home and an interested owner. I trust you got all the documentation with it. Can't wait to hear of your success in racing.

For the rest of the Tiga owners, here is where I got all my Tiga specific parts. I dealt with Roger Andreason in the U.K. There is a "distributor" in the USA I see on the website, however, I have no experience with them. Chevron had parts for both the FF version as well as the S2000 including all body panels.

Chevron Cars Ltd

17 Bowfield
    Hook
    RG27 9SA (Road Map)
    Hampshire
    Tel: 01256 765434
    Internet: www.chevronracingcars.co.uk

Managing Director - Roger Andreason
    Sales and Marketing - Tim Colman

This registry would have been invaluable to me when I was actively racing the Tiga. It's a good thing that I work for an engineering company or I don't think my car would have seen the track.

Jack Kish
    Des Moines, Iowa

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Tiga Number ????

I've got Ron Stoll's 78 Tiga CF in my garage right now so I'll see what I can track down on it tonight. BTW there are a few Tiga parts on Ebay right now for those folks needing spares.

Liked: 2

Default Tiga Parts on eBay

For what it's worth, the Tiga parts on eBay are being listed by Roger Andreason, the US Tiga distributor in Florida. Same address and phone number.

Liked: 39

Default Tiga FFA-81

I just bought this car, here are the details:
    Tiga Serial Number -152
    SCCA roll bar # 42-639
    Previous owners:
    1. I can't read the first name in the log book (which was issued 05/81).
    2. Bernie Dennison-purchased 02/82
    3. Mike Vaughn - purchased 10/82
    4. Tim Wycoff - purchased 12/85. The logbook ends after 9/92 and Tim says the car sat in his garage until 2005 when he sold it to...
    5. Joe Tovo
    6. Chuck Smith- purchased 06/06

The car was yellow, then red by 1986, still red today. I plan to run it in SCCA, some Midwest Council events, and maybe some vintage events if possible.

Liked: 4

Default Tiga Registry up and running

A few of us Formula Ford racers in the Vancouver area have pressed forward with this notion and put up a Tiga Registry at http://www.tigaregistry.com. We plan to collect and publicly post as much Tiga owner information as we can get.

If you're a Tiga owner (or a friend of a Tiga owner), you can submit your car information directly from the Welcome page of the site, and include provenance/history along with a photo, which we will display on the website. We will be adding a Technical Notes page shortly so tips from Tiga owners can be collected and made available.

We'd appreciate it if you'd take a minute to visit the site at http://www.tigaregistry.com. You can let us know if you have any suggestions or comments at admin at formulafordbc dot com.

Thanks,
    Doug

Last edited by dfloer; 12.23.14 at 5:57 PM.

Liked: 39

Default Tiga Registry

Nice Job with the Tiga Registry!

Is there any way to contact owners of the cars or have a message forwarded to them. I have owned two Tiga cars and have good reason for wanting another. If anyone can help I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks,

Tom

Liked: 25

Default Tiga Registry

Hi Tom give me a call 604 701 6008w 604 308 1578
    Alan

Liked: 1

Default new home for Tina

I am the proud new owner of Tina/FFA-78. Ran the car last weekend for the first time.

Daniel Becker
    Hopkinsville, KY 42240

Quote Originally Posted by cff96 View Post
    John:

Found a little more information on "Tina", the 1978 Tiga:

The chassis tag reads FFA-78, -60, logbook number 13-403.

The first of two logbooks show Bill Barnard as the driver in the Kettle Moraine Regional in September, 1984. Obviously there was a previous logbook, which I don't have. Previous owners include Marty Carver, Jim LaFortune, Bill Barnard, Don Glasser, Dean Rhode, Bill Bonow (who transformed her into the "screaming yellow zonker"), and Jim Roemer.

As you know, I've never driven the car - to me she is solely a rental car (pays for our vacations and provides me with "mad money").

Cindy Lindstrand
    Darien, Wisconsin

17. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Tiga registry

My buddy and I have just come into ownership of a Tiga sf-83 chassis number 221 one of four brought to Canada from my understanding. Starting the rebuild/refresh now! ill send more pics when I can get it outside
    Last edited by Canuck_with_a_tiga; 12.02.21 at 4:56 AM.

19. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Tiga info needed

Also if anyone can point me in the direction of more Tiga info I can find please message me!!!!!
    Last edited by Canuck_with_a_tiga; 12.02.21 at 4:58 AM.

Default Tiga Sports 2000 Race Cars

I started a Facebook page for Tiga Sports-2000's, please come join our group.
    "Tiga Sports 2000 Race Cars"
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/975433783174702

Attached Images Attached Images

22. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information