Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

Default 2005 NEC Schedule

The schedule for the 2005 New England Challenge (NEC) series for Formula Ford has been set with 7 race events over 6 weekends. We are also keeping the Memorial Day weekend at Lime Rock open as a possible 8th event in the series, if we are invited to participate in the Mohegan Grand Prix weekend.

The only change from 2005 is that there will no longer be a Club Ford class with no spec tire; Club Fords running on soft tires will be grouped with FF for the purposes of NEC points and awards. There have been only 2 or 3 Club Fords in this class the past 2 years and we cannot ask sponsors to keep contributing when participation is not there. Club Fords should continue to register for events according to the Supps for that event; the NEC coordinators, with help from the drivers, will track the Club Ford NEC class.

The 2005 NEC schedule is (SCHEDULE HAS BEEN REVISED -- SEE LATER POST) :

April 23/24 Summit Point
    May 14/15 Pocono (only Sunday counts toward NEC points)
    May 29/30 Lime Rock Park (tentative)
    June 25 Lime Rock Park
    July 9/10 NHIS (only Sunday counts toward NEC points)
    August 20/21 BeaveRun (only Sunday counts toward NEC points)
    September 17/18 Watkins Glen (both days count toward NEC points)

The defending 2004 NEC Champions, J. D. King in NCF and Bob Lutz in FF, will be back in 2005 to battle for the championship. Sponsorship for the 2005 series will be announced later in the winter as everything becomes firmed up. Last year we had an average participation of 16 FFs and a peak count of 32 cars at the 2004 Memorial Day event at Lime Rock Park. We also distributed over $12,000 in awards from our series and race sponsors. Hopefully, the 2005 series will draw even better car counts.
    Last edited by Bob Lutz DB-1 #54; 02.14.05 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Notice to see revised schedule in later post

Liked: 12

Thanks for getting this posted, Bob. I like the move to the two classes in FF and NCF. It's going to make it easier for me to provide coverage.

In similar fashion to the EWC, FormulaCar Magazine will be providing full RaceWrap coverage of the NEC this year in an effort to help increase Formula Ford racing in the Northeast. The NEC will be one of our primary NE targets for coverage in 2005.

If anyone is running the NEC this year, I would apprecicate you posting all of your car information so that I can compile it for our season preview issue, which is due out in early April.

Rob Howden
    FormulaCar Magazine
    905-271-3236
    www.formulacarmag.com
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

Liked: 73

What exact information would you like?

Thank you for your efforts.
    JD
    Zink Z10

Liked: 157

Default Nec

Rob,

I will be returning with the Royale RP31 (1982 era car) in NCF. Previous two years I ran as CF in the NEC. Any further info needed?

Liked: 12

Hi J.D.

First off, congrats on your NCF championship last year.

For the preview, I'm looking for driver name and hometown, number and car name (full official designation). I want to have a good archive of the competitors in these series. I'd love to get a phone number as well so that I can reach you if it becomes necessary.

RH - FCM
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

Liked: 73

Ok Rob, simple enough, and thanks for the congrats.

JD King
    Franklinville, NJ
    1976 Zink Z10 Formula Ford
    Run in NCF class.
    856-691-6783 days
    JD
    Zink Z10

Liked: 157

Better details on my entry. Home town New Fairfield, Ct, car number 36 and phone is 203 761 6884

Thanks for the coverage although it looks like only JD and I will be running this season (I do no believe that for a minute!!)

Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

Default Revised 2005 NEC Schedule

The 2005 New England Challenge schedule had to be revised. The June 25th Regional at Lime Rock was moved to May 27 and 28. This change was necessitated because of changes by Lime Rock management in the dates available for SCCA events. Also, FF/CF WILL be on the program for the Monday, Memorial Day races along with Pro Miata, etc. The schedule now features two New England Challenge events at Lime Rock over the Memorial Day weekend!!!!

The revised schdule is:

April 23/24 Summit Point - Single Regional
    May 14/15 Pocono (Double Regional - only Sunday counts toward NEC points)
    May 27/28 Lime Rock Park - Single Regional
    May 30 Lime Rock Park - Part of Memorial Day Pro Race program
    July 9/10 NHIS (Double Regional - only Sunday counts toward NEC points)
    August 20/21 BeaveRun (Double Regional - only Sunday counts toward NEC points)
    September 17/18 Watkins Glen (Double Regional - both days count toward NEC points)

Let's make 2005 a special year for Formula Ford in NEDiv with large fields at these events!

Thread Information