Liked: 1417

Default Season's Greetings from ApexSpeed.com

I want to slow down for a few minutes and take some time to than everyone who has made this site what it has become. Since we cautiously opened the doors here in November of 2000, a little over 4 years ago, we have grown to levels that we could not have initially imagined. Now, with four formula car classes covered and over 8 million page hits a month, the footprint of ApexSpeed has gotten larger every year we have been around.

For those of you new to the site, everything here is driven by it's members. The entire base of the content of these forums is due to the intelligence of the users and the kindness of both it's sponsoring advertisers and those who have donated to the ApexSpeed.com (Contributing Members). This site is entirely funded by those companies who advertise with their advertising banners, and the members who contribute to the cause. Without it, we woud have failed a long time ago (or I would have gone broke). The thanks to these individuals and companies can't be overstated enough.

Longtime members like Mike Eakin (Purple Frog), Mark Defer, Dave Hopple, Dave Weitzenhof, Mike Andersen, Glenon Riedler (GR), Mike Beauchamp and countless others have contributed greatly to these forums in so so many ways. The appreciation runs deep, fellas.

I also want to thank the other 3/4 of the ApexSpeed family. Four years ago when I decided that the existing "blue" EZboard was not helping the racing community much, the support the was collected to get this site up and running was great. Without it, I would have never have leapt at it. You guys can thank my brother, Keith and father, Dale for convincing me to go through with it. Keith has been a huge help in the transformation to the new look and past maintenance of the forums, as well. There is a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes than no one sees, and Keith picks up a lot of the slack when I can't. Cheers to my wife, Kim, too, who in her own nerd way enjoys the creepy programming stuff that makes me yell at the computer and stomp around the office.

In my own long-winded way, I'm saying thanks to everyone who is a daily part of all of the forums on ApexSpeed.com and has helped build this site to what it is today. We wouldn't be here without you. I hope the coming years bring us as much happiness, lasting friendships and pure entertainment as the first 4 years have brought.

Happy Holidays to everyone from all of us here at ApexSpeed.com!

doug

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default Thanks Doug!

I have been enjoying this site for 3 years and want to thank you for all your efforts! Those of us who have been around racing since the stone age especially appreciate what a joy it is to have this free exchange of information at our fingertips! Like so many things we have today I wonder how we got by without it!
    Last edited by D.T. Benner; 12.23.04 at 9:07 PM.

Liked: 447

Ditto.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 3787

Default Cheers

8 million hits a month! After my 7 million, who's hitting it the other million times?

Mrs. Frog and I hope all the Carters have a healthy and happy holiday season and great new year!

I can't totally bash the old "blue site", without it I would have never become the Purple Frog. (One didn't dare sign on that old site using their real name, thus the alias.)

Keep up the great work. It has become obvious that this site serves the racing community well, thanks to your initiative and hard work.

And many many thanks to the valuable contributors such as Dave Weitzenhof, Richard Pare, Keith Averill, Sandy, Jay, Larry, Todd, Sauce, Defer, Sean, and hundreds others that have worked hard to improve their racing programs then they unselfishly turn around and give us the knowledge for free. They are the real deal.

Liked: 0

W/O this site, I probably would not have had the opportunity to meet people stranger than me w/o being somewhere I wouldn't want to be

Through this site, I have also been blessed with an opportunity to create a great many close and dear friends, for which I am very thankful
    At each and every new track I have been able to visit and/or race at in my short three years of driving, I have made it a point to seek out and say hi to as many of the f2000.com "family" as possible, and have never been given a cold shoulder. Everyone has shared their thoughts and knowledge of "their backyard"..... and I have become a better overall driver because of it. Doug, Keith, Dale.............Thank you!!! ApexSpeed.... ROCKS!!!!!
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Thanks Keith........... Oh yeah, Merry Christmas
    Last edited by GR; 12.24.04 at 2:09 PM. Reason: Problem noted in original message...Gone
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Yeah but Glennon, tell us something we DIDN'T KNOW already
    Travis Mason-Bushman
    Pacific F2000 Championship Media Relations
    travis@gpsports-eng.com - (510) 260-6224

Liked: 10

Default Happy Holidays to All!

I am very proud of my boys and what they have acomplished (actually I am proud of all my kids, Sara, Scott, Kim, and my assistant crew chief, Kimmie). I am truely blessed. This site has brought us many new friends on line and at the track. I wish one and all a very happy and safe holiday. Hope to meet more of you at the track this season. Dale
    Dale Carter
    2003 VanDiemen FE #29
    Life is Good

Liked: 447

Quote Originally Posted by GR
    That's interesting......... I obviously have a size problem....
    All fixed, GR. Those tags were making me koo-koo.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Contributing Member Jerry Santucci 33's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Hey Guys.......
    To Doug and Keith....... You bring everyone a lot of happiness, Hmmm? you guys MUST be Santa Claus! (do you want me to fax or email my list)
    Thanks to ALL that make this site Great! and to ALL a Very Merry Christmas!
    Seeeeeeeeee ya --- Jer
    Seeeeeeeeeeeeee Ya --- Jer
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

Liked: 1

Doug,Keith and Dale, Happy Holidays to you also. Thanks again for building/maintaining these sites for the last 4 years, especially to Doug, with all the behind the scenes work. I can only wonder what it was like transfering the data from the old board to this one..

Happy Holidays!
    -Dave

^^^ what Hoppie said... thanks and hope you guys open up a brand new race car for x-mas...
    "Luck is when Opportunity meets Preparation"
    RaceDriver/Driver Coach
    Motorsport Enterprises Racing - www.GoTeamMER.com
    Marc's Fan site: http://www.themarcmillershow.com <-- Click it!

Liked: 3279

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Doug, Keith, Dale & Kim, thanks for making the best forum site I've seen available for us. This site has been invaluable. Thanks, also to everyone else who answers our (sometimes dumb) questions and for the most part remains the most civilized forum bunch on the web!.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Contributing Member bill ehrlinger's Avatar

Thread Information