Liked: 0

What do you all do when you need to re-bush and whatever else needs to be done to these dist?
    I have the lathe, press, and reamers other than the bushings is there anything else required?? Or am I better off sending it ?? to be rebuilt?

In Vintage we are still using points so the loose shaft, along with point bounce really makes a noticable difference when trying to time the thing.

Thanks,
    Chris

DENIS

Install an electonic kit in it and forget about it.

Found this source for re-bushing and/or rebuilding Bosch distributors:

www3.telus.net/lusa
    [email]pjsilva@telus.net[/email]

I just exchanged two rounds of emails with P. Silva. I tried to get a quote on rebushing an already raceprepped FF Bosch distributor and replacing or straightening the shaft. He emphasized that he only does "custom work" at $45 US per hour and refused to offer any sort of quote or even a rough estimate. His website offers in-car sound and video from a Renault R-8, but darned if I could find his physical address. I had to email to find out he is in BC, Canada.

Anybody actually have any work done by this fellow?

Thanks,

DOC

Contributing Member
    Liked: 1

The bronze bushings in the Bosch are a standard size bushing that can be purchased from a catalog, try going to a Fastenal, or a place like it. I ordered them through work; we keep an in-house machine shop.

I'm a doofus, and I can replace the bushings in the distributor. Just get oil impregnated bronze bushings, gently press or tap them in, and make sure that the bushing is in a position that the helical groves on the shaft are exposed above and below each bushing. If not, the dist. shaft will starve of lubricant and your bushings will crap in short order.

Someone in Canada 'rebuilt' my dist. right before I bought the car. He put in bushings that were too long/tall. The bushings completely covered the helical grooves, starved oil/lube, and killed the bushings. The shaft bounced, yeah... it took one event.
    Then again, I bought a FF from Canada a year ago. The dist. wasn't @$%) compared to the crap in this @#%@#% piece of %#%@.

Thread Information