Liked: 0

New and complete 2.0 liter Zetec engines. Manufactured in 2001 for installation into the Ford Escape and Mazda Tribute SUVs. Will also fit the Ford Focus and may interchange with older Zetec-equipped automobiles.
    These are the same base engines used in USAC Focus Series Midget cars and the Formula Zetec road-race cars. Price per new engine is $900.dollars with $50.dollars going to this website. Price does not include shipping charges from Detroit, Michigan.
    Write for details.
    Gerry Dedonis "KSGerry"
    dedonis@kans.com

Discounts available for a volume purchase...five or more engines.

[size="1"][ January 23, 2004, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: Gerry Dedonis ][/size]
    KSGerry

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Can you give us the Ford part numbers from the block and head[the cast in numbers]? Are these production line rejects or rebuilt engines? Are they long blocks or complete dressed engines? Have they been removed from cars that were rejected for sale or damaged by hail or flood or delivery damage? Thanks,Darrell

Hi Darrell,
    According to Sandy at Quicksilver these engines have the "correct" part numbers for Formula Zetec cars. I did post those casting numbers months ago but didn't do search to find them. When I locate them, I'll amend my post.

These Zetecs are brand-new surplus crate engines...not rebuilt, not a line reject or damaged in any way. They are complete minus the starter, alternator and computer. All of the wiring harnesses are in-place as is the stock fuel injection, power steering pump, etc.

Ford is going to crush every unsold engine after December 12th. Evidently something to do regarding end-year accounting and third year inventory as these engines were intended for use in 2001 automobiles. Go figure...

Regards,
    Gerry Dedonis
    KSGerry

What is done to these motors before they are fit into the Zetec Formula cars? It it simply exhaust, drysump and remap, or is it a lot more extensive than that?
    Any time you solve one problem you invariably create another. Hopefully this one is easier to live with.

Hi Mark,
    I am under the impression that the internal engine components remain the same except for the addition of stronger hardware to secure the connecting rod caps. Then the addition of external components...dry sump, intake and exhaust manifolds. I have no knowledge regarding the engine control systems.

Regards,
    Gerry Dedonis
    KSGerry

Originally posted by Gerry Dedonis:
    One-Time Limited Offer!
    New and complete 2.0 liter Zetec engines. Manufactured in 2001 for installation into the Ford Excape and Mazda Tribute SUVs. Will also fit the Ford Focus and may interchange with older Zetec-equipped automobiles.
    These are the same base engines used in USAC Focus Series Midget cars and the Formula Zetec road-race cars. Price per new engine is $700.dollars with $50.dollars going to this website. Order must be received and paid for by Friday, December 12th. Price does not include shipping charges from Detroit, Michigan.
    Write for details.
    Gerry Dedonis "KSGerry"
    dedonis@kans.com

Gerry: I'll take one of your Zetecs. I'm in California, so let me know what the shipping costs are in addition to the other costs. Thanks.

Originally posted by D.T. Benner:
    Can you give us the Ford part numbers from the block and head[the cast in numbers]? Thanks,Darrell
    Block part number: RFYS4G6015AD
    The head has the number: RFYS4E6090AC
    KSGerry

Originally posted by surfdude:
    Gerry: I'll take one of your Zetecs. I'm in California, so let me know what the shipping costs are in addition to the other costs. Thanks.
    I will need your shipping address complete with contact telephone numbers. It is possible to save quite a bit in transport costs if the freight is prepaid at the time of order. If you provide me your zip code and are willing to pick up your engine at the truck terminal, I can get you a freight rate quote prior to taking your order. The Ford warehouse is in Detroit, Michigan, zip there is 48217. They are closed over the Thanksgiving and will reopen on Monday, December 1st. A freight quote usually takes a day. Of course, these engines can be shipped COD too.

My past experience with shipping engines to California says the prepaid freight cost will be around $200.dollars.

Thanks!
    Gerry Dedonis
    KSGerry

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Gee, I wonder how many CF,FF,CFC,FC,ect. guys are contemplating one of these engines to throw in for a fast FS? (Dual homologation).
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 159

How about this FS class? We are looking at picking up a late model FC car for Nationals. Is FS only regional? If so where does the car compete in Nationals, if at all?
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

FS is a regional only class, as is ASR in the sports racer category. Not to be confused with FSCCA, which is allowed to run regional and national races in the FA class.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

New Zetec engines still available!

Aftermarket conversion parts to many rear-drive transmissions and an adapter to the VW (Hewland-Webster Mk8) transaxle is made by John Ehrlich at http://www.quad4rods.com . John also makes side- draft carbureted conversions and stand-alone ignition systems too.

These parts make the Zetec, Duratec or GM Quad 4 engine a popular choice for kit cars, dune buggies or open-wheel track roadsters.

Thanks!!

Gerry Dedonis
    dedonis@kans.com
    KSGerry

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

I bought one of these and was very happy with Gerry and his help and information. The engine was shipped fast and was everything he said it would be. If you think you way ever need a Zetec engine you will never beat this price. I would do business with Gerry again. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks Darrell,
    I've amended my original post to reflect the new price. I purchased the remaining inventory prior to December 31st and rented storage space. You might recall that Ford had intended to destroy these new engines to satisfy third-year surplus inventory regulations.

This might be a cheap way to experiment now that the west coast group plans to co-mingle the Pinto and Zetec-powered cars.

Regards,
    Gerry Dedonis
    dedonis@kans.com
    KSGerry

Thread Information