Thread: Stimola

Liked: 0

Does anyone have any contact information for Joe Stimola?

Also, does anyone get their shocks rebuilt by anyone other than Joe? How often does everyone get their shocks redone?

Tim
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Liked: 15

You can get information about Stimola from his web site at www.stimolaengineering.com. I do our own rebuilds usually a couple of times each year depending on mileage. You need to check the valve stacks periodically since the thinner ones will occasionally crack. I live near MIS which has a Comp Tire location and a Penske shock center so I use them for dyno work. I have purchased quite a few parts from Stimola and he has a wealth of information that he is willing to share.

Contributing Member

Tim:

I assume you have triple penskes.

You can rebuild them yourself without too much trouble. It isn't particularly difficult, but it can be messy if it's your first time.

Still, I have Joe do mine, and he is very good to deal with. He will set you on all the latest updates (but only install if you authorize it) and is very willing to help out at any time. I've even called him on Saturday from the track to help make a decision on setup.

Plus, he will dyno the shocks to make sure they are what they say they are.
    You know you're old when all your driving heros are collecting Social Security...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tim Reed:

Does anyone have any contact information for Joe Stimola?

Also, does anyone get their shocks rebuilt by anyone other than Joe? How often does everyone get their shocks redone?

Tim
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tim:
    I think you have the contact information for Joe from others. If you or others need help with your shocks please feel free to ask me. I have been doing shocks for many years, mostly for my contracted teams in CART and IRL, but also many FF-2000 teams. You can learn more at our web site www.tracc5.com. Joe does a great job, and is a good friend.
    Jeff Braun

Thread Information