Liked: 8

Default Sealing enclosed trailer roof?

I have a small leak in the roof of my enclosed trailer (96 Timberwolf). It has a walk-on roof, and didnt leak until I was up there recently... My guess is a little flex somewhere tore something.

What should I use to repair this? I recall from the RV last year you cannot just use regular silicone caulking.

Something like this?
    http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...e-sealant/3245

Or do I need a patch to go over the seam/edge and seal that all up?

Thanks,

Mike
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Liked: 11

Mike-
    Your roof sealant is old & dried out most likely. You may need to just peel it up or at least cut out the lifting sections and start from scratch.

That silicone cartridge from CW may work, but what you ideally want is a self-leveling urethane sealer. It is usually applied over the roof seams about 4" wide and is gray in color. Here is one from CW which is clear:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-sealant/21208
    Peter Calhoun
    Motorsport Manager- Michelin North America, Inc.
    Swift DB1-86 FF1600 (bye-bye 3.12)
    2009-10 SCCA CM National Champions

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 905

One thing that worked really well for me was white elastomeric roof coating from Lowes.

Sets to a tough plasticy condition and it absolutely waterproof and remains flexible.

Cost me about $35 to do a 24 footer.

Thread Information