Contributing Member rcrockett69's Avatar
    Liked: 0

Default Speads F1000 For Sale

2003 Speads F1000 complete car for sale. National Championship winner in 2007 for West Region. Low mileage on Suzuki GSXR-1000 engine. Installed and maintained by Rilltech Racing located in Colorado. Lots of upgrades from the original chassis that was delivered from Speads. Includes entire new front corners with Wilwood brakes and improved adjustability. $25,000 obo. email-rcrockett@critigen.com: 303-204-8101.

Liked: 384

Post info

Hi,there.
    I would like to inquire a bit about these cars.
    I have a 92 FF 1600 Ray and this is my first year learning to handle open wheels.
    So far I'm having a blast ,but as for most of amateurs my biggest concern is engine and
    transmission maintenance and rebuilt costs.
    I have owned fair amount of liter bikes ,so I'm familiar with their engines and set up.
    In my opinion they are not near as expensive to maintain as FF.
    My understanding is that in F1000 you run engine as long as it goes ad then get new one.
    Is this true and how long usually engine lasts?
    Also when getting a new engine how difficult is it to convert it to dry sump and is there any mods that need to be done on it.
    Eventually i would like to own F1000 and I'm between Speads and Stohr.
    I have spoken with both factory's and they both seem to be very compatible
    But Speads are more affordable,money is a factor in my world.
    So to make long story short any info about F1000 would be greatly appreciated .
    Mostly maintenance costs and intervals.

Thank you.

Maris.

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

This car looks great. With the professional maintenence that it has, it looks like a real bargain.

This car will most likely .......sell fast.

For the price it is a great entry level car into the exciting FB Class.
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

For whats worth,...I have a fair amount of experience in both FB and FF. FB engines have lasted me about 7-9 weekends on average over the last 2 seasons before they explode or stop working all together. My FF engines from Jay Ivey lasted 20-25 weekends before a rebuild.
    I have run with the 07 and 08 model year engines from Suzuki, without dry sump. I have not had any issues with transmissions (internal gearing) changing gears (sprockets) is really easy once you figure out a system. We split the rear sprockets in half which works really well in the Stohr. It is alot less work and cleaner than changing the hewland in the FF.
    I have a 2008 Stohr and choose them because the parts and accessibility to spares is much better than any of the other car builders. They have stock and a full production facility in the USA!
    The Speads in this ad is a great car,... and Richard is a top notch guy. I raced against this car at the 2008 June Sprints, it was competitive and well put together when i last saw it. The price is right for a starter FB car,... jump in and ditch the FF.

Cheers
    Kyle

Default thanx.

So GSXR 1000 engine can be stock ,from crashed bike or brand new from dealer crate?
    Stohr always has been more appealing to me and Wayne seems like good guy.
    I'll finish my learning year on FF and keep my eye out for Storh coming to secondary marked.
    New is too expensive.
    Anyhow thank you guys for info.
    If any one has Stohr in Los angeles are i would like to share track day and may be take a look at the beast in real life action.
    Thank you.
    Maris.

Liked: 84

The price is right for a starter FB car,... jump in and ditch the FF.

Cheers
    Kyle[/quote]

Are you saying it wouldn't be competitive with the current field in the hands of equally talented drivers? I'm not trying to put you on the spot but I'm really interested in knowing, and no holding any punches!

Liked: 126

Ya know... I've been thinking too much lately - always a problem. The biggest variable in race car driving is the driver - not only in his driving, but also in the feedback from that driver to what gets changed on the car and its setup. I do not at all see why this car cannot be made competitive.

Liked: 551

Agree with Rob.

And, this is a great looking car. I'd be proud to own it.

Liked: 84

I've been asking around about all the different chassis' and I've been getting alot of feedback and opinions: this one's wheelbase too long, that one's sidepods too big, that car "pushes" too much air, they made the chassis built with cheap matals etc, etc., and it makes you think "how can a even a good driver be competitive in an inferior car" but then I look at the new cars (remember I'm a newbie out of bikes and know little to nothing about cars) that seem to be look way more advanced and seeing them get smoked to older cars most which are homemade. It made be think about this tv show i just saw where this guy trying to break a 30 year old record, the record holder looked like he made everything in his garage in the mid 70's, and the guy trying to break the record had all the latest gadgets and gizmos that engineers (not to mention talent) could develop and still couldn't come close. I guess the point is that maybe the newest latest developments don't always equal better results, especially from what I've been seeing. I forgot where I was going with this, I guess just some observations I've made: newer or older crappy design= **** results, newer or older good design= good results. The balance rests on the talent driver. So what category does the Speads fall into? I doubt anyone will answer, lol!

It is all about the driver, cars all have their own personal style and advantages/disadvantages. Engines are all basically the same (except for the BMW).

My point about starter was about getting started not that the car is not capable,... quite the opposite actually.

If the car is affordable buy it, cause good deals are hard to find adn this car is a great deal!

Running FF to get comfortable now will help with track time, but that is about it, the cars are completely different and getting used to car balance adn setup with wings is completely different and will require its own time to learn.

Start learning now!

Cheers
    Kyle

Liked: 77

Default Ray

Marris,
    I have gone at this both routes...I even owned 92 Ray FF. Just make sure that whatever car you buy, that parts are available. It is always great when someone at the track(s) is running the same car. It gives you a spare parts inventory and knowledge of your car.

I have been beaten MANY times by guys in better cars and worse cars. I only go to the track for fun. If your weekend ends over a stupid part that you cant get ASAP...it takes the fun out of it.

Liked: 273

Default good car

Johnpaul
    I would classify this Speads RM02 chassis in the good chassis only limited by driver talent catagory. I believe the RM07 model had some refinements. I've looked at both in the flesh and in detail, they seem very similar. The craftsmanship on these chassis is good but certainly not the best....but good enough to get the job done.

Spare parts for the Speads are reasonably priced (I've checked) and as far as I can tell easy to get. Most parts on the car can be duplicated by any fabricator so I wouldn't worry about that much.

Pick the car up for near 20k and spend the extra dollars saved on a spare engine, 2 suspension corner spares. Keep the rest of the dough you saved and get some track time, maybe put some real good data acquisition on it....and have some fun.

Gary Hickman
    Edge FB #76

Post f1000

I'm not looking to compete(at least for first couple of years)
    Seen too many F1000 onboard videos I'm not even close.
    But even as track day guy i would like to get as fast and smooth as possible.
    So i'll keep practicing on Ray (wish it had more HP)
    I also have 03 ZO6 Corvette (that i'm selling by the way),so i know how raw HP feels.
    But i understand that open wheels is different beast and i would like to stick with it since it has been my dream since i was kid to own one.
    Like i said next year hopefully if economy picks up I'll be looking for clean Stohr car and put my Ray up for sale.
    For $ spend F1000 seams like best choice with almost Atlantic performance.
    Any how like i said i would like to share track day with someone that owns F1000 in Los Angeles area to see these babies in real life (trow in silver Patron for keeping interest alive)

Thanx for sharing info guys.

Maris.
    Last edited by Kazis31; 05.16.10 at 10:49 PM.

Wanted To Buy

HELLO IS THE CAR STILL FOR SALE? PLEASE CONTACT 1847 373 6468 OR EMAIL gino-maz@sbcglobal.net thanks

bump

Liked: 5

Still 4 sale?

ASRF1000

Yes, its still for sale.

Classifieds Super License

Default Interested

Will try to call on Saturday 10/29. Has it been in any crashes? email sent.

Wish I never sold her.

Thread Information