Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Contributing Member
    Liked: 26

Default Stohr F1000 For Sale

It is with a heavy heart I offer up for sale our F1000 car "Bridget". I bought this car last April, got it home and took it apart and rebuilt the car from ground up. It was for a rent a ride program that got a ton of interest in the front end but really has gotten zero renters and I cant afford to have the car sit and and cant bare to see the car sit. it is race ready.

the details;

Chassis # 0002, Stohr (this was a track day car in its first life, then sold to a gentlemen driver in Kentucky (I think) who did 2 track days with it, then to the west coast in the hands of Craig Archer and son Taylor who I bought the car from, the car wasn't raced until in the hands of the Archers and I think they did two race weekends on the car)

George Dean GSXR 1000 (4 races on it, not race weekends)
    New AIM EVO 4 Data system with GPS module
    New AIM Channel Expansion hub in box
    Brake pressure sensor for front brakes
    BRD front bell-cranks
    BRD Dry Sump System
    BRD Aero bodywork (pods, pod floors, diffuser, engine cover, front and rear wings)
    BRD diffuser
    New oil cooler (Setrab 32 row)
    Well sorted wiring harness and loom
    New front Splitter
    New front aluminum floor
    Belts good to 2016
    New Fuel cell in 2011 (November I think)
    Ohlin Dampers
    Some spring selection
    A arms and several other components freshly powder coated
    Front and Rear MK lift jacks
    MK string toe bars
    New paint (wet sanded to 3000 grit and then polished)
    New Aurora PRM Gold rod ends and jam nuts all around the car
    New Aurora sphericals
    New suspension adjusters
    New AN bolts throughout entire car
    New lightweight battery
    New Carbon Mirrors
    Fresh oil and filter
    Diff serviced
    New Bald Spot bead seat kit ready for new driver
    New Yongbloed wheels
    New Rain Tires
    New set of GY slicks (7's and 9's)
    AMB Transponder
    In car Kenwood radio
    Crew Kenwood radio with headset and some other radio bits
    Charger for both

SPARES

Fresh 2008 GSXR 1000 engine (just spent $1650 on new parts required for rebuild)
    complete with harness
    2 new Hyperco Springs
    2 New rods ends
    Spare large Setrab oil cooler (50 row) in very acceptable condition, it came off the car in the rebuild and it is in 100% working order
    Spare NEW nose (in white)
    Spare front wing assembly (original Stohr) with end plates and flaps (not painted)
    Spare Flaps
    2 or 3 oil filters
    3 spare starters (came with the car)
    Rear gear selection
    Front gear selection
    many BBS two piece wheel combinations, I think there is now four sets of wheels for the car.
    and some sort of F1 wing thing that sits atop the air intake. not sure what its called but it is in the parts bin, it is painted in Blue.

This car is truly "RACE READY". Chassis has just been jigged, all geometry has been noted. It just came off the chassis platform and is ready to go. Unfortunately I cannot tell you first hand how the car is. I bought it, disassembled it, went through the entire car and rebuilt it in preparation for a renter and in preparation for a truly good rental experience. I am fussy, many who know me can confirm that and I think it does show in the cars we have.

Here is a link to some pics;

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Bl...cy=true&page=1

There are many more bits and parts that came with the car but listed above are the major ones. they of course go with the car.

Like I stated earlier, I have no on track experience with the car but the chaps in the west coast F1000 series knew the car before I got it. I can say without question, this car is in MUCH better condition than when I bought it and it wasn't in that bad a shape when I did buy it as it was also advertised "Race Ready" but it just wasn't up to our standards. (not slagging the seller in any way)

And finally I have to apologize to a few chaps who frequent this site and have asked earlier if I would sell the car, I sat on the fence waiting for the program to gain some solid interest and sadly it has not. I know you guys bought cars and wanted my car first, I just couldn't sell her at the time, I really was hopeful the program would go. I do hope you understand and accept my apology.

Car selling price is $48,500. I can deliver the car to Spokane in July but after that it is FOB Calgary.

Thanks for your interest in the car!
    Last edited by Blair Robertshaw; 06.29.13 at 11:56 AM. Reason: updated new parts on car

Liked: 698

You sure it's a 2002?
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Contributing Member

Correction its chassis "02! thanks Mike, I'm old....

Liked: 307

Default Private Album...

I was not able to see photos as I am being told that it's a "Private Album"...
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Contributing Member

Sorry, could you please try now? I think I unlocked the album.

Default Yep...

Quote Originally Posted by Blair Robertshaw View Post
    Sorry, could you please try now? I think I unlocked the album.
    Thanks, that did it!
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Contributing Member

Thanks Pru. There is also an album in there that shows the car as it was delivered to me. none of the unsightly bits are no longer there, if something needed to be replaced or looked like we could replace it, we did it. We don't buy junk, we don't put junk on our race cars and we don't sell race cars that are not 100% race ready.

The new owner will need to buy rear camber shims to complete the car baseline complete package
    Last edited by Blair Robertshaw; 06.05.13 at 6:31 PM.

Default One of many...

Here's one of the numerous photo's :

Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Contributing Member

so, how does it look?

Liked: 12

Default Stohr 002 +

Blair..... all I can say is "SWEET".

It will be the best 48.5K anybody could spend imo.

Contributing Member

Thank you for the kind words. very much appreciated.

Liked: 5

Good Day All;

I'll change the subject for a moment....

It seems like sometimes the cars for sale in Canada have a harder time generating sales because of perceived 'border issues' or the ability to see the car live.

We just purchased a car from the west coast here - it was advertised here for a long time with no takers and not a lot of interest.

When the car was delivered it was truly 'race-ready' the prep level and maintenance of the car was well beyond our expectations.

My point is this - 'Blair has raced with us here for many years and has raised the game and the bar for preparedness and reliabilty'. Sometimes he drives us crazy with all of the details.....

Having been in the community for many years and in many countries I would say that the prep level in this car is unmatched in its attention to detail and level of examination.

I'm sure he would happily refund the plane ticket if it did not exceed your expectations. It is also easy to get the car across the border - the paperwork is simple and takes only a minute.

Don't be afraid to get cars from here - we don't race much and all of us seem to have a great rust-free place to work/store our equipment - sometimes a long winter just makes the car that much better.

Just my .02 cents!

Its too bad the F1000 is struggling to find ground here - otherwise I'm sure it would stay here.

Good luck with the sale - It's a great car.

Happy Trails,
    Miles

Contributing Member
    Liked: 4

Default F1000

I am sorry to hear you are selling the F1000. I was hoping to see it run this year.
    I am racing against the clock to complete my car. Too much time and money spent already, otherwise I might have considered it. Having seen your preparation on your FPM., this is an excellent deal.

Desmond

Liked: 0

Another comment on the border issue.

I bought Kyle's car, Stohr 021 this spring. Bringing the car over from Vancouver was a piece of cake.

Beautiful car Blair! Good luck.

Contributing Member

Thank you Miles, Desmond and John. And yes both Miles and John are correct, cars going into the USA are way easier to do than cars going the other way and even that is not that difficult.

Thanks again guys
    Last edited by Blair Robertshaw; 06.05.13 at 6:14 PM.

Contributing Member

Here is another photo link. These pics are more detailed and close up to the car. You will notice in these pics of the car, it has various different body colors on the car to what you saw in the link above. We tried several different paint / detail configurations on the car before we arrived at where we are now. And in a few, I just noticed that there was oil on the floor, this car does not leak! ANYTHING. Blame it on an over excited old guy with a camera who didn't clean up properly, me!

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Bl...tml?state=copy
    Last edited by Blair Robertshaw; 06.05.13 at 6:47 PM.

Liked: 5

Default Stohr F1000

For anyone looking to get into an F1000, this is a steal!!! Trying not to repeat what some others have said bit Blair is meticulous about his car prep. Personally I have seen the car during and after the rebuild and it looks brand new and I'm sure it runs like new as well. Blair has alot of passion for his work and cars and it definetly shows.

If you would like to contact me to speak further just send me a message!

Liked: 1

I hope the car finds a great new owner. It almost became mine at one point. Good luck with the sale Blair. Very well prepared car.

Contributing Member

Thanks Shane, I hope you're not too pissed at me. I just couldn't sell her at the time without giving the rent a ride a few more months to see where it went! You don't have a brother who wants to race do you?

Nah. All good. Have had a lot of fun and success with the firman I purchased.

Contributing Member

I need to move this car guys! I will pay for any plane ticket to and from Calgary back to your residence if you fly here and find that the car is not what I have represented.

Also, a fellow in my area is now on the hunt for a quality FC, 98 VD or newer. he would prefer a Zetec. I will take your FC on trade with cash top up, if required and then am able to sell your FC to the buyer here locally.

So IF you have an FC your were looking to sell and want to get into an FB this may suit all parties concerned. Your FC will have to pass inspection of the fellow who would ultimately end up with the car.

thanks for your attention.

Regards,

Blair
    Last edited by Blair Robertshaw; 06.24.13 at 5:57 PM.

Contributing Member

This is a list of the fresh parts that went into the spare engine. it has been rebuilt by o2techinical out of Calgary. He is a very competent, meticulous ex moto GP engine man.

His instructions were to leave the engine stock, reliable and well put together.

In addition, I just received the latest and new BRD front wing flaps and mounting hardware so the front wing will now be able to accommodate a couple of different flap lengths, chord looks to be about the same as the other BRD flaps, new ones have less surface area left to right.
    Last edited by Blair Robertshaw; 06.24.13 at 6:08 PM. Reason: added more new parts

Contributing Member

New Price, $46,500.00 Cars gotta go guys. Its in very very good shape! Car will be in Spokane this July 11-14 for viewing.

Liked: 8

Is that new BRD front wing installed already on the car or is it available ?
    Jason Bell
    STOHR 2013
    F1000
    f1000bwracing@highwaysystemsinc.com

Contributing Member

Hi Jason,
    They are the 2013 flaps that were just finished by Jesse a few weeks back. the front wing main is a BRD wing, last years design. The Spare wing and end plates are the original Stohr.

Quote Originally Posted by Blair Robertshaw View Post
    Hi Jason,
    They are the 2013 flaps that were just finished by Jesse a few weeks back. the front wing main is a BRD wing, last years design. The Spare wing and end plates are the original Stohr.
    I would buy the front BRD wing and 2013 flaps and end plates if you'd let them go. I have 2 brand new Stohr front wings
    Jason Bell
    STOHR 2013
    F1000

Contributing Member

Hi guys,

I have had many calls to part out : spare motor, spare aero, new aero, spare wheels and as much as I am grateful, I will have to respectfully decline your offers. This is a package so a guy can go racing and have little to worry about going forward if big stuff happens.

If I decide to part out the spares I will let all of those who asked, know that, and in the order of your emails. sorry guys....hope you understand. last thing FB needs is a new guy having trouble! I think this package is quite complete.

and add 2 rear lower A arms to the spares list!

Understand completely I have a front wing being built just not going to have it in time for Watkins Glenn.
    Jason Bell
    STOHR 2013
    F1000

Contributing Member

This race car will be at the Spokane Triple July 10 -14 for anyone interested in getting a closer look.

And add a set of trailering wheels to list of equipment
    Last edited by Blair Robertshaw; 07.06.13 at 3:59 PM.

Contributing Member

Ok, took the car to Spokane for showing and a day of installation laps post rebuild. the car worked perfect, only trouble was a few of the upper rear wing bolts came loose. I ran the car for the first 30 minute session, my mechanic then ran it for three more. did a rear gear change, all well, diff worked great, very easy to keep chain tension alignment right on both sides.

the AIM EVO data system worked very very well. I do have to admit, I was in the car and was thinking this thing is going to blow up as I am not used to as high a revving engine, then I look at the wheel and see I still have 2400 more RPM to go. the car sounds just fantastic at 12,000 RPM. one thing that did surprise me was how much fuel it used! it sucks fuel to be sure but the car is solid, looks very very good going around the track.

Changes going forward I would make to the car if I kept it would be to change the pedal array to a 2 pedal affair, move the clutch up to the wheel or frame work somewhere but that's about it. it turns in very well, drifts nicely and a loose condition is very controllable, almost like it likes it a bit loose on the back end. I am sad that I cant afford to own two cars and I know if I kept driving it I too would have some explaining to do! And also but off topic, the Pro Mazda was flawless as well for the 3 days or racing, not one issue with either of the cars. and what great hosts the NWMS club are, a wonderful race outing to be sure.

This F1000 race car IS RACE READY!
    Last edited by Blair Robertshaw; 07.16.13 at 10:45 AM.

Liked: 120

The car was beautiful and sounded amazing. You could definitely tell that blair and his mechanic were babying it making sure that everything was sound and didn't unleash its full fury. All of the BRD updates looked solid. The details on this car were amazing. Definitely a top notch car and a steal of a deal.

Liked: 145

Car is clean and fast, no excuses for it not to run up front.

I also heard that there was some interest in the car over the weekend so if you we're thinking about putting an offer in you should probably do so now before someone else snatches it up.

Contributing Member

Thanks guys, yes indeed both my mechanic and self did take it very easy, he got the car into the low 27's quite readily, a good seat fitment (have that Bald Spot Sport Bead sit kit just waiting for the new owner ) and some time in the car to get it geared correctly for the track its at and I expect a fellow of reasonable driving capability would be very respectable in the lap time department.

what times could you do as compared to the PFM?

Contributing Member

How orange is that orange? Many variables. The PFM uses two gear stacks, short and tall with a modest few selections in between. I expect at a short tight track, like Miller West, geared right, similar competent drivers in either car and the F1000 is well prepared, the F1000 comes out on top. At Spokane, with the long front straight, long back undulating straight with some up hill components I think the PFM but the F1000 would not be far far behind. Our F1000 has the BRD bodywork, it reportedly carries much less drag than other F1000 body styles and was fast down the back straight which is shorter than the front and we didn't come close to taching out but when you have a longer track with longer straightaways, big fast sweepers, I think the PFM would be the quicker car....sure its not as sleek as most F1000 race cars but it has the horsepower and torque to better move the PFM Billboard down the track as drag increases, the bike engines are just a little shy....for now!
    Last edited by Blair Robertshaw; 07.16.13 at 10:37 PM.

Default fb

sorry, meant to ask as compared at Spokane? Just asking for next year to know who i would be play in with if I make the venture over. I should have asked this in the Spokane thread so i don't hijack this one.

Contributing Member

No worries Shane but don't you mean when you show up at Spokane next year???

Absolutely…..next year, should be fun.

Hey Shane,
    Start emailing people now and tell them to all show up to Spokane. See how many FB's you guys can get to show up to the most fun triple weekend in the west. Google map "Spokane County Raceway" and find that it is a fairly reasonable tow from many major western cities. As other racers can attest to, you will be treated like royalty for the weekend. In regards to what an FB can do at Spokane: track is the same length as Pacific. Optimal gearing in the FC is almost identical, as are the lap times, so FB should have similar lap times to that as Pacific. Seriously though, if you are planning on coming next year, start circling the wagons now... thats how we got 13 FC's (should have been more) to show up this year and why we will have similar numbers next year. You guys could even get a split start if there are enough of you.

Also, I can't believe this car hasn't sold yet. Someone should be driving this at Spokane next year. Does my bias show through? I really don't know if I have seen a more well put together formula car than this, and that includes Blair's PFM. This car is immaculate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information