Liked: 8

Default SOVREN Formula Ford 40th Reunion Feature

SOVREN is proud to announce that Formula Ford will be our featured marque at the 2008 Columbia River Classic at the newly configured and paved Portland International Raceway, Labor Day Weekend, August 30, 31 and September 1. All Formula Fords are welcome. Sharing this weekend is the Portland area All British Field Meet. There will be a 600+ car show on Saturday and an All British swap meet on Sunday along with a gymkhana at lunch time and autocross in the pro pits. The Rover Club will be using the motocross track to give rides over the big bumps. Street car drag racing runs Friday and Saturday nights. Also there is a Lotus Club track day on Friday. Three days of racing, tons of track time with long lunch breaks, and all these events in one place make for a very exciting holiday weekend.

SOVREN will host an informal get-together for Formula Ford racers Friday night in the paddock. We are working on an off site get together for Saturday night. Sunday night is our old fashioned BBQ on the grass. Era clothing (costume) for the year of your car is encouraged. We will have live music for dancing or your listening pleasure. There are lots of other fantastic cool SOVREN racing cars to drool over, too. Come to the Pacific Northwest and enjoy the SOVREN hospitality.

Formula Fords will be paddocked together. A display area will be set aside for a static highlight the evolution of the Formula Ford history. Entries are open to all 1600 Kent based Formula Fords. Vintage FF’s will use SOVREN Monoposto Rules. Alloy wheels are OK. Club Fords will use ICSCC rules. Modern Fords will use current SCCA rules. Tires are per each group's rules. No HOT FUEL is allowed. Aggressive driving will not be tolerated!

Come up to the Pacific Northwest for the last weekend of summer and join us for lots of FF racing, camaraderie, and fun.

For more information or questions call: AL Murray 425-487-1902

Car Registration Form and Paddock Form are available at: www.SOVREN.org

Liked: 210

As one who works all but 2 SOVREN events each year, I must tell you these guys put on one HECK of a program. From start time to post entertainment time.. it's 1st class!

If you can't make their Labor Day event, bring your Historic, Vintage or "Exhibition" car to their BIG 4th of July weekend event at Pacific Raceway and a chance to see/hear Al Unser Sr. All for the benefit of Children's Hospital. Check their web site for eligible cars!
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Default SOVREN Formula Ford Reunion

Bump to the top,

Plans are coming along smoothly and interest is high.

The changes to the track and the new surface is fantastic.

See you Labor Day weekend in Portland.

Default SOVREN FF reunion

Bump to the top.

Contributing Member trout roberts's Avatar
    Liked: 0

I've heard that there will be a ton of F/F entries for this event. I'm going with my #33 Crossle 45F Club Ford. Maybe I'll be able to keep up with someone! Portland is a great track and since the repaving last fall all I've heard is high praise. SOVREN puts on great events and this one will be no different. Knock the dust off your F/F and come racing! The F/F reunions are always a total blast!!
    Trout <º{{{><

Liked: 1

Default We're gonna be there

Including my dad, myself, and the T-Zero Racing gaggle, we're planning on bringing 6 FF's to the event. It's gonna be a lot of fun. Can't wait to give the new T6-T7 paving a try.

Liked: 5

This is always a great race weekend, and with the FF's featured it will be even better. I'll be there with the March.

Jim

Liked: 10

I ran my Elden at PIR last weekend at the Portland Historics and had a great time with driving and meeting new open wheel junkies (I'm becoming one rapidly). I had not run a FF on the track before this year since I'm just starting out, but the paving was smooth and the corners flowed together well and the upgrades are terrific. After bouncing along at Pacific the weekend before the smooth track was very welcome.

It sounds like there could be a great turn out for the Columbia River Classic and it would be great to see 50 FF's on the track at once (but it will be busy). I'll be there.

Cheers

Default SOVREN Formula Ford Reunion

Just to let you all know that the early bird entry fee deadline is August 8th. Save your self $100.00. There is a lot of interest in this event brewing. We promise to provide an entertaining weekend. I have heard from drivers from British Columbia to San Diego and New Mexico that are planning on making the trip to Portland. As Steven just reported, the new track surface and configuration are fantastic. So get your enties in now. We had 22 Vintage FF's at our Pacific Northwest Historics. If you add just our local Club Ford drivers that say they are coming we should have in excess of 40 FF's on the grid. We have some special surpises planned, so mark your calander and send you entry in.

See you Labor Day Weekend in Portland.

AL Murray
    425-487-1902

www.SOVREN.org

Default SOVREN Formula Ford Reunion Labor Day Weekend

Time to turn up the heat!! Four days left for the earlybird entry fee. Save yourself $100.00. Don't be late. We still will accept entries after the 8th of August. We have eight guests signed up so far, along with our regular drivers. The Conference guys had their race last weekend, so I am sure they will be signing up this week for sure. Looks like a great weekend, so come up to Portland on Labor Day weekend.

AL Murray
    425-487-1902

www.SOVREN.org

Default SOVREN Formula Ford 40th Reunion

We are down to two weeks left till Labor Day Weekend. We have 37 FF's entered, mostly vintage. We have more room available. I have gotten permision to waive the late enty fees for FF's. If you were on the edge, now is the time to get your entry in. Saturday night, Jay Ivey is hosting a BBQ and open house for all of the FF drivers and crew. John Long is flying in fresh Alaskan Salmon and Halibut for the grill. Should be a great evening. Four races in three days, maybe five. The Portland area All British Field Meet is also going on at the track at the same time. This is a lot of entertainment four your hard earned bucks.

Come to Portland and enjoy the SOVREN racing exoerience!!

AL Murray
    425-487-1902

www.SOVREN.org

Thread Information