Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default '93 RX7 Turbo For Sale Ebay link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda...item1e6a023322

On the off chance any fellow Apexer's are looking, or know of someone looking for something like this.

Thanks, GC

Liked: 99

Boomin system and some bling bling wheels!
    -Nick

Default Ha! Good eye

Both of which:
    a) came that way as purchased
    b) I could definitely do without - gimme some black OZ's and a FM converter for the AM radio!
    Last edited by glenn cooper; 01.14.12 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn cooper View Post
    Both of which:
    a) came that was as purchased
    b) I could definitely do without - gimme some black OZ's and a FM converter for the AM radio!

I always loved that car, properly tuned and modified, they are gorgeous and fast!
    -Nick

Default Yep -

Hard to believe it's almost 20 yrs old.
    I believe it will go down in history as one of the greats, it has stood the test of time well and looks as good today as when it came out in '93.
    A truly timeless design...

Liked: 1100

Eh. Mine was better. Over the decade I owned it I got it modified exactly right but when the Caldwell came home last year I needed garage space. Fortunately I found it a good home locally.

I still miss it sometimes but even the Poor Man's Ferrari is no substitute for open wheels.

For daily driving I'll take the RX8.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Default Oh really?

How's that? (No offense taken, but back hair has been ruffled)

The only reason I ask is that I am often amused at the stories of some guy's Uncle Johnny's buddy who had one that was super tricked out with the "flip-flop" paint and would 1/4 mile under 8 seconds, run on 87 octane, and was sponsored by "Mazda"...

Quote Originally Posted by TimH View Post
    Eh. Mine was better. Over the decade I owned it I got it modified exactly right but when the Caldwell came home last year I needed garage space. Fortunately I found it a good home locally.

I still miss it sometimes but even the Poor Man's Ferrari is no substitute for open wheels.

For daily driving I'll take the RX8.

Liked: 2

Default A brand new black '93 R -- ...

Yeah, I'd read an article about the car and stopped at a dealership to take a short test drive -- only for fun -- in no way was I gonna buy one.

I got about two blocks away before I turned around, drove the salesman back to the dealership and went in and bought the thing. A spectacular car. Reminded my of some of the race cars I'd driven. The pedals were set up for heel and toe, that twin-blower rotary pulled so sweetly... it was great. I soon showed my then young son 165 mph (indicated) early one morning... and when we got back down to highway speeds, my son said he thought he could run faster than that (70 mph)... it seemed to him we were now crawling.

I beat that car to death for years; the only time it EVER needed anything was an occasional clutch (they were very small with very low spinning mass) -- but other than that, the car was absolutely bullet-proof.. I guess the only nit-pick you could make about the thing was that it could get a little ass-happy under power on an undulating road if you were pushing it a bit. (Mazda was aware of this; the inboard rear suspension arms didn't attached at the point originally drawn because of production/cost/future-servicing compromises. I'm told slightly bigger rear rubber fixed this pretty completely.)

They're still beautiful to look at. A mini-Viper or after a drink or two -- a Daytona Coupe (almost)!

Again, I think that black beauty was probably the best car I ever owned.

C
    Last edited by Christopher Crowe; 01.15.12 at 12:25 AM.

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Wait a second. You have the ability to tune it for 600 hp, but have not done so? Someone will be around shortly to collect your man card.

Liked: 896

I have seen this car up close and personal & it is SPECTACULAR!

Thanks ... Jay Novak

Default Mine Was Better

Quote Originally Posted by glenn cooper View Post
    How's that? (No offense taken, but back hair has been ruffled):
    I advertised my car as "sensibly modified." Other than the JDM nose, Crooked Willow oil coolers and vented hood (and the stupid "Warrior Wing" added by the previous owner) there was no obvious external evidence of modification. No way I'd do single turbo and front intercooler for a mostly-street Arizona car. The interior was also pretty subtle, with a fan switch painted by my wife to look OEM, and the boost controller knob equally low profile. Street port and blueprinted sequential turbos were only good for 300HP at reasonable boost but who really needs more on street tires on stock wheels? Especially if it needs to pass the smog sniffer?

I dearly loved that car. And the one that's set up just the way you like it is always better than any other. But then I noticed I was going more than half a year between fillups..
    Caldwell D9B - Sold

Liked: 3772

DaveW has a beautiful red one that is not exactly stock. It is a screamer.
    ...and great to look at.

I dearly loved that car. And the one that's set up just the way you like it is always better than any other.
    That said, you may be underpricing yours a tad. It took 3 months for the right buyer to find me on AutoTrader.com but he was happy to meet what I asked. I hardly even got nibbles from RX7Club.com at a much lower asking price.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Crowe View Post
    I soon showed my then young son 165 mph (indicated) early one morning... and when we got back down to highway speeds, my son said he thought he could run faster than that (70 mph)... it seemed to him we were now crawling.
    -Nick

Default Oh Dayuuuuuuuum

I advertised my car as "sensibly modified." Other than the JDM nose, Crooked Willow oil coolers and vented hood (and the stupid "Warrior Wing" added by the previous owner) there was no obvious external evidence of modification. No way I'd do single turbo and front intercooler for a mostly-street Arizona car. The interior was also pretty subtle, with a fan switch painted by my wife to look OEM, and the boost controller knob equally low profile. Street port and blueprinted sequential turbos were only good for 300HP at reasonable boost but who really needs more on street tires on stock wheels? Especially if it needs to pass the smog sniffer?

I dearly loved that car. And the one that's set up just the way you like it is always better than any other. But then I noticed I was going more than half a year between fillups..
    That's what I thought!
    Party On...

Liked: 2

Default Come on, guys ---

A five-lane early morning traffic-less freeway... a short-blast in a good car. It was one of the neatest days of that young guy's life.

But then other neatest days involved things like aerobatic maneuvers in a T-6 Texan...

But after those days, even drugs would hold no appeal. How could they?

We cannot live hermetically-sealed. And sometimes measured risk is worth a great reward. You guys know this or you wouldn't be on this site.

Chris

Thread Information