Liked: 59

Default Sebring Labor Day Fun

Had a great time Labor Day my Stohr vs. Don B in his suped up Super Zetec! Tom's tires were off but he's in the vid at the start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgUGc...feature=relmfu

Turns 1 and 17 haven't got any smoother or wider, but they are still fun. This video should convince you to come race with us!

Bill

Don's Zetec is 195HP + and fast and he is an excellent driver. Fun race.
    Last edited by billwald; 10.23.12 at 9:49 PM. Reason: Turn number

Liked: 811

Bill,
    That's a great video of the Sebring track. I was quite surprised that you and the Zetec were so closely matched on the straights. Also a bit EXCITING when you both caught the car (CF?) at T17 on the next to last lap (of the video, anyway) .. then the Vee at T2 - where you got by and were apparently able to break the draft. The FC seemed to benefit from the draft much more than you.

A thought.... if you were to tilt your left side mirror up a bit, you could get some pretty decent video of what's going on behind you. I have mine set up that way and have seen some REALLY interesting stuff show up in it on occasion.

Are you in a Speads? I'm not a F1000 guy, but am really interested in watching the class. It's come a LONG way in just a few short years. I'm wondering if I could drop one of those MC motors into my Vee .

Steve, FV80

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    Bill,
    That's a great video of the Sebring track. I was quite surprised that you and the Zetec were so closely matched on the straights. Also a bit EXCITING when you both caught the car (CF?) at T17 on the next to last lap (of the video, anyway) .. then the Vee at T2 - where you got by and were apparently able to break the draft. The FC seemed to benefit from the draft much more than you.

A thought.... if you were to tilt your left side mirror up a bit, you could get some pretty decent video of what's going on behind you. I have mine set up that way and have seen some REALLY interesting stuff show up in it on occasion.

Are you in a Speads? I'm not a F1000 guy, but am really interested in watching the class. It's come a LONG way in just a few short years. I'm wondering if I could drop one of those MC motors into my Vee .

Steve, FV80
    Steve, getcha a $2000 Ebay Busa & slap it in there. Got one in my Vee!
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

The race was 3/4 over when I ended the video. I built a gap. But Don's car is run as an FA. It's not your average Zetec motor. Tom B would have been right there but his tires were old, ours were stickers.

But thanks! All those unwinged cars know us and know we wont do anything stupid around them. Patience has its virtues.

Don and Tom have told me my Stohr creates a huge suction for them, dam it... but it corners like its on rails once I get heat in those huge fat tires.
    Last edited by billwald; 10.24.12 at 10:53 AM.

Liked: 444

Quote Originally Posted by billwald View Post
    The race was 3/4 over when I ended the video. I built a gap. But Don's car is run as an FA. It's not your average Zetec motor. Tom B would have been right there but his tires were old, ours were stickers.

But thanks! All those unwinged cars know us and know we wont do anything stupid around them. Patience has its virtues.

Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by billwald View Post
    Turns 1 and 17 haven't got any smoother or wider, but they are still fun. This video should convince you to come race with us!

Bill

Don's Zetec is 195HP + and fast and he is an excellent driver. Fun race.

i always watch your videos/im subscribed to your channel
    i dont know how you still heve teeth and a working bladder. sebring beats the crap out of you when you drive it as hard as you do .

Thanks Benny! Half my videos are Dolphins and Manatees! I love those animals almost as much as the old Stohr.

Liked: 121

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Liked: 1

Default Great Video

Wow, standing on the sidelines I did not realize what a great battle you & Don had!
    Great video & kudos to you & Don for some terrific driving.
    Dell

Thread Information