Liked: 151

Default The 2014 Hoosier Tire FST Championship Series

We now have all the race schedule info we need for the 2014 series. So any input you have is welcome either by e-mailing me or Bill Bonow. We will post our ideas both here and at the formula-first.org BBS.

I'm struck by the fact that there are plenty of races but whether they can be timed like we want is an issue. If you would like me to e-mail you the potential races just ask.

One exciting thing is we may be close to having additional races outside our normal area of operation.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 01.11.14 at 6:51 PM.

Liked: 118

I want to try and run some of the Series races this year. Try and dip down towards the Southeast Division if you can. I wanted to leave the car at SR next year and just drive or fly to races but I guess that's out the window.

Garry

Default Working on events now.

Merry Christmas. It’s a great time to plan the schedules for next year’s Hoosier Tire Formula First Championship. We’ve been pouring over the schedules and there are options. One good thing that happened is there is a Mid-West Council race at Road America that provides us with a nice opportunity to avoid a conflict. Here are my criteria ranked.
    1. Participation numbers
    2. Distance equity
    3. Time spread between races. I would like three weeks. This may be a issue.
    4. Races in warm summer weather no early spring or later fall
    5. Continuity with organizers
    6. Avoiding events that might be cancelled.
    If you have any suggestions on these criteria get in touch with me by by e-mail or by PM. I’m going to be asking Jim to post the spreadsheet of event possibilities on Formula-First.org
    Last edited by rgu; 12.24.13 at 11:10 AM. Reason: format

Default update

I'm very sure we have a schedule but Bill and I never like to announce it until we have talked with each race organizer and have presented our needs. We are doing this now. The series will be a six race series with point scored like last year.

Stay tuned.

Liked: 190

Default 10 Years in the making!

Get ready for this:

The 10th running of the FST Championship series is here!

Presenting:
    The 2014 Hoosier Tire Formula First Championship Series

May 10 & 11 - Gingerman - SBR

June 28 & 29 - Grattan - WMR

July 26 & 27 - Nelson Ledges - MVR

August 9 & 10 - Mid-Ohio - Cincy

September 13 & 14 - Watkins Glen - FLR

September 20 & 21 - Road America - Chicago

• 12 races over 6 weekends (All Events are Double Race Weekends)
    • Championship points will be scored for 8 of the 12 races
    • Races cover Cen-Div, GL-Div and NE-Div
    • Additional Mid-Div and NE-Div races may be added
    • More details to come
    • 2014 Series Rules to be made available shortly

Come join the FST family for low cost, fun and competitive racing.

It is very difficult to think that the FST Series is 10 years old in 2014. The FFDA is very proud to have Hoosier Tire as our long time FST sponsor who has helped bring this series to life and very thankful for all the dedicated people who have been along with us in our journey and who have made this series as great as it is.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 01.12.14 at 8:09 AM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Contributing Member
    Liked: 31

Robert,

Is the Sept 13/14 date confirmed? I want to try the Glen maybe even with our FST but I don't see it on the SCCA site upcoming events.

Thanks

Dave Satterley
    DDC racing
    Belleville,MI

Default Glen

Definitely on the NE schedule. In fact I'm going to a planning meeting regarding this race soon. I and easy drive across southern Ontario from the Detroit area.

Love to see you there.

Liked: 76

The 2014 Hoosier contingency program has been posted on their website. You must register to be eligible for prizes. You can do so online on the Hoosier tire website. Go to road race tires the click on the contingency link on the left.
    http://www.hoosiertire.com/rrtire.htm

Butch
    butch deer

Thread Information